2020 Shell (SPDC) JV Sabbatical Attachment for University Lecturers
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the 2020 Cycle of Sabbatical Attachment for University Lecturers in Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC.
The sabbatical attachment offers university lecturers from the rank of Senior lecturer and above, opportunity to undertake research or other activities that would contribute to Shell Companies in Nigeria. It also offers them avenue to acquire industry-related experience and lectureship at any of the SPDC JV Centres of Excellence (CoE).
12 Months (Non-renewable)
TEAMS / DISCIPLINES:
- Environment: Impact Assessment, Biodiversity, Environmental Management, and Ecotoxicology/Biostatistics.
- External Relations: Social Performance – Social Impact Assessment and GMoU Implementation,
- Community Health: Consultant Obstetrics & Gynecology and Pediatrics.
- Exploration: Geology and Geophysics.
- Oil Spill Response: Groundwater Remediation and Mongrove Replanting & Management.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applicants ore expected to submit the following:
- A duly signed one-page application letter slating team/discipline of interest.
- A curriculum vitae including, applicant’s phone number, email address, as well as three referees with their contact information,
- A titled one-page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SPX’s business during the 12-month sabbatical attachment.
- Scanned copy of the data page of applicant’s international passport or National Driver’s Licence.
Applicants should not send any additional document apart from those listed under “Method of Application
Applications from persons who have previously benefited from the sabbatical leave attachment in any Shell Companies will not be considered.
Applicants must have relevant teaching and practical experience in indicated disciplines.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All applications should be sent to: SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com no later than April 15th, 2019.