AKTH Health Information Management Admission Form 2019/2020
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into School of Health Information Management (SHIM) National Diploma, ND and Higher National Diploma, HND programmes for 2019/2020 academic session.
COURSES OF STUDY:
(a) National Diploma (ND) Programme m Heath Information Management.
(b) Higher Notional Diploma (HND) programme in Health Information Management:
A. NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND)
- Minimum of five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in SSCE or is its equivalent with Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Health Science, Chemistry or Physic and one (1) credit from other subjects.
- Candidate must sit for the 2019 JAMB examination and must have obtained the cutoff point in Science subjects, and must have chosen the School first choice in JAMB application.
Four (4) Academic Semesters of two (2) years duration. This includes Students industrial Work Scheme (SIWES).
B. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
Application with all the following qualifications may be considered for admission into the Higher National Diploma Programme in Health Information Management:
- Minimum entry requirements for National Diploma (ND) in Health Information Management
- National Diploma Certificate in Health Information Management with a minimum of lower credit in Health Information Management
- Evidence of completion of or year relevant work experience in a reputable Health Institution.
- Evidence of JAMB Admission letter for the candidate ND Admission issued by JAMB.
- Evidence of professional license in ND by HRORBN.
Note: Candidates with a pass (GPA of 1.00- 1.49) should have two (2) or more years post ND cognate work experience to qualify for admission into HND programme.
The duration of the Higher National Diploma (HND) programme shall be two (2) academic sessions of four (4) semesters. This includes Student Industrial Work Experience (SIWES).
Short fated candidates will be invited to a screening test and interview.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application forms are obtainable from the Office of the Chairman Medical Advisory Committee on payment of a non refundable fee of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only for National Diploma and Ten Thousand Nara (N10,000.00) only for Higher National Diploma from 15th April 15th July, 2019.
Completed forms should be returned on or before 15th July, 2019 directly to the Medical Advisory Committee Secretariat a through the following address
Assistant Director of Administration (MAC),
Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, P.M.B. 3452, Kano.
Applicants should indicate their GSM/telephone numbers for easy communication on the form.
Please note that the training is non residential. Students would make arrangement for their accommodation during the period.