PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge Competition Guidelines 2019/2020
Are you ready to be challenged? Challenge or be challenged, PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge is back
This is to inform the general public, Schools Teachers, Parents and Guardians that the online registration of the PZ Cussons 6th Edition Chemistry Challenge Competition for the 2019/2020 academic session has commenced.
The Online registration of the PZ Cussons 6th Edition Chemistry Challenge Competition will commence on Sunday 24th February, 2019.
About The PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge (PZCCC), an initiative of the PZ Cussons foundation, is aimed at improving the learning culture of Chemistry in Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
The initiative is an annual event that commenced in 2013 and has successfully completed 5 editions which were open only to schools in Lagos state,
In 2015 (edition 3) the initiative was supported by Carex Handwash, In 2018 the initiative was sponsored by Premier Cool Deo Soap and Nunu milk
The 6th edition of the competition will ‘break’ the norm to strategically be a National competition that will cut across the GPZs.
In the past editions of the PZCCC, housed brands had always sponsored the competition; the 6th edition however will be supported by Premier (Nigeria’s No 1 Toilet Soap).
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge Competition Entry Requirements
- The competition is open to all SS 2 Chemistry students in Nigerian Schools.
- Students have to be schooling within Nigeria.
- Students are to be sponsored by their Secondary School and/or Parent.
- Entries are open to both Private and Public Secondary Schools.
- After registration, candidates would be required to printout a computer generated docket (with passport picture, name, school, passport, parent’s and principal’s name) for identification.
- All registered students are required to undertake the online quiz which will form the basis for the initial shortlisting.
Objectives of the PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge Competition
(i)The overall objective is to continue to make PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge the No. 1 platform for supporting the learning of Chemistry in Schools.
(ii)To promote the girl child education within Nigeria.
(iii)Recruiting new schools to the initiative
(iv)Deepen brand awareness and association for Premier
- SS 2 Secondary School Student
- School principals and proprietor
- Registration would be strictly online.
- After registration candidates would be required to printout a computer-generated docket (with passport picture, name, school, passport, parent’s and principal’s name etc) for identification
- A unique code/ OTP/ exam number and full log-in details would be displayed telling the candidate when/ where to take the first phase of the exam
- Only the top 200 per state would make it to the ‘Activation phase’.
- The activation phase would be broken into 3 stages –
- Top 200 from the online test would seat across 3 CBT centres – Lagos, Abuja & Rivers
- Top 10 students from each centre would compete in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers in a practical test
- Top 2 Students from each centre would compete in Lagos on stage for the PZCCC title
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge Competition Awards
1. 1st Prize
2. 2nd Prize
3. 3rd Prize
PZ Cussons Chemistry Challenge Competition Method of Application
- Multiple registrations are not allowed.
- Your passport photograph must be well taken in your school uniform
- Be sure to print out your biodata form after registration and bring it along to the exam center at the second stage.
- All the form fields must be filled.
- Use block letters all through.
- Registration with false information will be disqualified.
NOTE: After registration, candidates would be required to print out a computer-generated docket (with passport picture, name, school, passport, parent’s and principal’s name etc.) for identification and also write the ONLINE QUIZ.
Online Application of the PZ Cusson Chemistry Challenge closes by 11:59pm on Thursday 16th May, 2019.